Monday, July 4, 2016

Horse Themed Mini Album

Hello out there!  It has been so, so long since I posted to this blog!  I could list a bunch of reasons, but I'll keep it short.  I've been dealing with some significant pain in my hip and back over the last year - hasn't been at all fun, but there have been many serendipities!  The back issues are being managed with regular exercise; I'm in the best physical shape in years which really helped my recovery from a total hip replacement and subsequent emergency surgery due to a very large hematoma under the incision (7 days in the hospital!  Yikes).  Its been several weeks now and I am well on the mend!

I just have to comment on the wonderful support I've had from friends.  One in particular who flew up from Florida to stay with me during the first surgery and take care of me and the pups (Bless you, Barbara!).  Another whose timing was so perfect she was with me when the ambulance came prior to the second surgery (Bless you, Dianne!).  And another, relatively new friend who came to my house twice a day to care for and play with Lillie and Gideon - cannot imagine what I would have done without her (Bless you, Jeri!)!  And thanks too to my family and friends who called and commented with so much support on facebook and via texts.  I have never felt so incredibly fortunate.

The last amazing serendipity is about Gideon - I'm going to do a post on the pups cuz they are so darn cute, but in a nutshell:  Gideon joined our family a year ago last March and, although unknown to us at the time, came with some fear reactivity issues.  He is on anti-anxiety meds and we have done a lot of positive reinforcement training and he is doing so much better.  However, when people would come over, he would get very concerned and bark a lot; I would usually have to put him in the bedroom where he just felt safer.  Well, upon Barb's arrival, Gideon was so smitten with her, I was afraid I would have to check her suitcase before she left!  And then Jeri sat on the floor and played with him all the days I was hospitalized.  Then there were nurses and Physical Therapists at the house in the subsequent weeks and Gideon has realized that people are usually pretty darned OK and goes up to everyone for pets and kisses!  What an incredible blessing this has all been!  We're still working on what he thinks about other dogs!

Okay, on with the creativity!  I've been working for months on a mini-album (although there isn't a whole lot "mini" about it) for my wonderful boss as a gift for her 30th anniversary with the company.  She is an amazing boss and person and I am so excited to give her this.  Here is a video of the finished product.

The inspiration for the pages came from http://jshobbiesandcrafts.com/(Designs by Shellie).  Some of the pages are identical to those in some of her videos and some I modified.  Her tutorials are excellent and she has all the parts and pieces in her online store.  I highly recommend both!

I hope you enjoy the video!



No comments:

Post a Comment